This is the process we use for working with students to select their courses:
- In the fall and spring, credit reviews are completed with all grade 10, 11 and 12 students.
- By the end of April, Teachers submit course proposals
- In mid-may students in grades 9-11 are given interest surveys to gauge interest in first, second and third options for Grade 10-12 electives.
- The course schedule is finalized either when staffing is set for the next school year, or June 1st – whichever comes first. Schedules are subject to change and depend on actual staffing in September and February.
- The first week of June, student services conducts interviews with students to finalize course selections for the following year. The course selection form will go home to parents for sign-off. The latest return date is the last day of school.
- Timetables are distributed to students the first day of school, as long as course selection forms have been returned.
- Student services helps students finalize schedules as needed the first week back to school.
- Students can change elective classes the first two weeks into a semester. After this, a Class Change Form form is required.