Attached is the course schedule for 2019-2020
A few notes:
- This schedule is subject to change depending on actual staffing at the beginning of September. Any changes will be communicated to parents.
- Math 10 could not be placed in first semester as it interfered with courses that needed to be anchored in place in the schedule. Parents wishing their children to have extra math practice can use kahn academy (a user account is required, but it’s free).
- Fish farm will not be offered for the 2019-2020 school year so that other senior science courses can be offered. Students in grade 12 who do not yet have a senior science can make an appointment to speak with Mr. Smith or Mrs. Peever to discuss options.
- Mechanics 12 can include Auto-mechanics 12 and/or Engine and Drive Train 12, as needed.
Pre-requisite Courses and “What Happens if I fail a course?”
- Science 10 is the only pre-requisite for Chemistry 11, Biology 11 and/or Biology 12. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
- Chemistry 11 is a pre-requisite for Chemistry 12. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Grade 9 math with a final grade of at least 68% is required for admission into Pre-Calculus 10. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
- Grade 10 Pre-calculus with a grade of 68% is required for admission into Pre-calculus 11. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Students who fail any grade 10, 11 or 12 course must repeat the course (or in the cases of electives, an equivalent course) to meet credit requirements for graduation. Students repeating a course will be placed into classrooms as space allows. Precedence will be given to students taking the course for the first time. If there is no available space, you will need to either wait for the next year to re-take the course, or re-take the course through Distance Learning. For questions or concerns, please make an appointment with the school counsellor or academic advisor.