During the graduation ceremony, two scholarships were missed.
The TR Days Society Scholarship was awarded to Katie Blunden
The Tumbler Ridge Teacher’s Association Scholarship was awarded to Hudson Zatwarniski
Thank you to all of our donors for your amazing generosity in supporting the graduates of Tumbler Ridge Secondary in their post-secondary pursuits!!!
We have put our lost and found items out on tables in the lobby. Students are encouraged to pick up items they may have lost throughout the year. Anything leftover in the lost and found at the end of the year will be either donated or thrown away.
We will keep our lost and found items out until 2pm on June 27th.
Here is the final newsletter for 2019. in this edition, there is important information for grads, as well as an update on some of the exciting learning that has been happening around the school this spring!
Newsletter June 18, 2019
**there was an error in the original newsletter. The Go-Kart auction is Tuesday, June 25th.
Attached is the course schedule for 2019-2020
TRSS 19-20 Schedule_FINAL
A few notes:
- This schedule is subject to change depending on actual staffing at the beginning of September. Any changes will be communicated to parents.
- Math 10 could not be placed in first semester as it interfered with courses that needed to be anchored in place in the schedule. Parents wishing their children to have extra math practice can use kahn academy (a user account is required, but it’s free).
- Fish farm will not be offered for the 2019-2020 school year so that other senior science courses can be offered. Students in grade 12 who do not yet have a senior science can make an appointment to speak with Mr. Smith or Mrs. Peever to discuss options.
- Mechanics 12 can include Auto-mechanics 12 and/or Engine and Drive Train 12, as needed.
Pre-requisite Courses and “What Happens if I fail a course?”
- Science 10 is the only pre-requisite for Chemistry 11, Biology 11 and/or Biology 12. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
- Chemistry 11 is a pre-requisite for Chemistry 12. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Grade 9 math with a final grade of at least 68% is required for admission into Pre-Calculus 10. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
- Grade 10 Pre-calculus with a grade of 68% is required for admission into Pre-calculus 11. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Students who fail any grade 10, 11 or 12 course must repeat the course (or in the cases of electives, an equivalent course) to meet credit requirements for graduation. Students repeating a course will be placed into classrooms as space allows. Precedence will be given to students taking the course for the first time. If there is no available space, you will need to either wait for the next year to re-take the course, or re-take the course through Distance Learning. For questions or concerns, please make an appointment with the school counsellor or academic advisor.